Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just around the corner to the light of day...


Well, it's Saturday, and I'm upright. This is an improvement. A brief but violent food poisoning/bug-like thing took me off my feet in this, the last run-up to the benefit. I would have been angry, but I was too busy being nauseous.

However, I'm back at the 'puter, and catching up like mad. There's more to report on the raffle front (new items!) and I've been proofreading the program, and people are stepping up to take on important jobs (like manning the raffle basket and running the box office).

And of course, if you want to buy tickets to the performance or raffle ahead of time, go to http://www.gaytheatre.ie.

That's the cover of the program above...isn't it gorgeous? Thanks go to Ian Marshall and Jonathan Reuning of United Stages for that one! And thanks to Shay Gines at the New York Innovative Theatre Awards, and Leonard Jacobs at the Clyde Fitch Report for spreading their word via their blogs.

And the last several days have brought in more donations for the raffle. I got to give Bob Smith a hug the other night when he dropped off a copy of his novel, "Selfish & Perverse." I love this book, and have lent it to many friends (making sure to get it back after!) and even if you don't win the prize, you should definitely read it. And word from the Five Lesbian Brothers that a copy of some of their works (signed by ALL of 'em) is making its way Eastward, and a basket of booty from BETTY, including their new CD, "Bright & Dark" is happening as well. In addition, Amy Ziff, of BETTY (she's the hot blonde on the left) has thrown in a pair of tickets to her solo show at Joe's Pub on Wednesday March 31st at 9:30pm. Amy will be singing new torch songs that she's written, solo with a jazz quartet!!

I could go on and on. But I won't. But I will leave you with an image from a show you'll be seeing on Monday, Mark Finley's "Swans are Mean," directed by David Winitsky, and featuring the lovely & talented Matt Boethin, Hunter Gilmore (nominated for Best Actor at the Dublin festival last year!) and Elizabeth Bell. Photo by Ned Thorne, taken at EATfest, Series B, March 2010.

May the road do something...and your feet...do something...and something something...

It's an old Irish blessing!

Kathleen W.

No comments:

Post a Comment